The CBC v2 is a Linux-based robot controller designed by the KISS Institute for Practical Robotics for use with the KISS-C programming environment.
Featuring significant hardware and usability improvements over its predecessor, the CBC v2 is both a beginner-friendly choice for newcomers to robotics, and a powerful, feature-rich device that will appeal to experts.
CBC v2 Basic Features
- GNU/Linux based operating system
- Open-source robot control software
- Integrated color vision system
- 350MHz Freescale ARM9 processor
- Integrated battery and charge system
- Speaker & microphone
- 320 x 240 color touch screen
Input and Output
- 1 - 3 axis 10-bit accelerometer (software selectable 2/4/8g)
- 8 - digital I/O ports (hardware selectable 3.3V or 5V)
- 8 - 3.3V (5V tolerant) 10-bit analog input ports
- 4 - servo motor ports
- 4 - PID motors ports with full 10-bit back EMF and PID motor control
- 1 - 3.3V (5V tolerant) TTL serial port
- 2 - USB A host ports for connecting devices
- 1 - USB B device port to connect to your computer
- 1 - physical button
- All sensor inputs have software enabled pull up resistor (digital 47k, analog 15k)
- Motor current up to 1A per port (up to 2A each with additional hardware)
- Isolated motor power up to 36V (with additional hardware)
- Servo ports output 6V
- I2C interface (with additional hardware)
- Arm 7 debug port (with additional hardware)
- JTAG port
- Vcc maximum current 500mA @3.3V, 1A @5V
- 7.4V 2000mAh Lithium Polymer battery pack (2s1p) 8C max discharge
CBC v2 Documentation and Software
Please see the KISS IDE page for the latest CBC firmware.
CBC v2 Source Code
Note: You do NOT need this to use the CBC or KISS-C on Windows or MacOS X. . This is for intrepid users who want to use KISS C on Linux or developers who want to modify the basic functionality of KISS or the CBC firmware.
Source code for the KISS programming environment and the CBC firmware has been released under the GNU GPLv2. You can download the latest version of this source code from the following GitHub repositories:
CBC v1 Documentation and Software
The following downloads can be used to update the software on your CBCv1. Please see the manual linked above for update instructions and details.