The goal of the lightning talk session is to provide an opportunity for any conference attendee to share a short, thought-provoking presentation related to educational robotics.
Your lightning talk should pertain to educational robotics, which includes a broad range of topics:
- Team management
- Student Recruitment
- Program Sustainability
- Autonomous Projects
- Novel Instructional Ideas
It should teach us something. It should be entertaining. It should be enjoyable by a wide audience.
We invite you to submit an idea for a lightning talk. Don't be shy! Here's your chance to share your passion with an appreciative audience.
Who can submit a lightning talk?
We invite all Global Conference on Educational Robotics attendees including students, parents, teachers, mentors, aunts and uncles to submit a talk idea!
There will be two Lightning Talk Sessions, one on Wednesday, July 30th at 1 pm and another on Friday, August 1st at 11:30 am.
- All lightning talks must be submitted by: 2015 Deadline TBA.
- Submitters will be notified if changes are needed by: 2015 Deadline TBA.
- All final presentations with required changes must be submitted by: 2015 Deadline TBA.
- 20 slides that automatically advance every 15 seconds for a total talk time of 5 minutes.
- To keep things moving at a lightning pace, there will be no Q & A after the presentation.
You can look the presenters up after the session to discuss their ideas further.
- Submit in PDF format (7 MB Limit)
- DO NOT NUMBER PAGES
- Photographs and diagrams are encouraged and should be embedded
- Author information must appear on a title slide or at the end. Include the names, school/team name, and email addresses of all authors 18 years of age or older. Authors under 18 should only include the title of the paper, their name and school/team name.
- Proper citation of sources required
The lightning talk submission form for GCER 2015 is coming soon!