The KIPR Autonomous Aerial Robot Challenge is an autonomous robotics game designed and distributed each year by the KISS Institute for Practical Robotics (KIPR) to encourage autonomous robotics education.
College students are also encouraged to form a team and compete in the KIPR Autonomous Aerial Robot Tournament at the Global Conference for Educational Robotics (GCER).
Previous KIPR Autonomous Aerial Robot games
--- Aerial Robot Update ---
The 1.9.6 firmware has the been updated to support the AR Drone. If you don't plan on using the AR Drone, it isn't really necessary for you to upgrade from 1.9.5.
Instructions to update the firmware on the KIPR Link
- Updating the controller’s firmware and software is performed using a USB flash drive.
- Download the update .zip folder.
- When the download process is complete unzip the folder and copy the kovan_update.img.gz file directly to the root level of a USB flash drive.
- Eject the flash drive from your computer.
- Make sure the controller is powered off. Plug the USB flash drive into one of the USB ports on the back of the controller. Power the device back on while holding down the white button on the side opposite from the power switch.
- Continue holding down the side button until the update starts automatically. Once the update starts, you can let go of the white button. Wait for the update to complete and reboot the device by shutting the power off and back on again.